Hitting your goals in 2020!
Hitting those 2020 goals
Are you suffering from the Christmas and New Year festivities? Well I’m here to share my TOP 10 tips – to stay on track with your health and fitness goals in 2020.
Well, let me tell you, your only human and everyone’s pretty much going through the same motion.
First full week back to work, full days at college or school. Or perhaps if your a mum, your independence and life is back!! Your welcome Mummas!!
Have you committed to achieving some personal goals this year, if not, you have plenty of time. I like to consider the whole of ‘January’ goal setting month, giving you enough time to plan out what is realistically going to work for you.
I have a little something to help you with this mission – Resolutions, promises, dreams, ideas. Whatever you choose to call it, write it down. Manifesting something can be very powerful and I believe in it wholeheartedly. But writing it down will make it even more powerful. If you use a diary/journal jot your goals down inside. Even use your phone in the notes section. Or click on my home page and the above ‘pink’ image will appear- < GRAB your FREE DOWNLOAD >
Here are my top 10 personal favourites to support you and keep you on track towards your healthy lifestyle goals this year.
- Take it one day at a time, don’t put too much pressure on yourself.
- Set realistic goals, start with a weekly, monthly achievement.
- Choose a fitness program you enjoy, you won’t stick to anything unless there is some enjoyment, even if it’s at the end of the session!
- Switch up your workout, intensity, endurance and activity. Keep things interesting.
- Schedule your workouts, find an accountability partner, sign up with a coach/class/online program. Once you’ve paid and committed you are far less likely to quit.
- Prepare meals in advance, grocery lists, shopping trips and when you will cook all this delicious food. – Slow cooker for the win here!
- Pack your bag the night before, or lay out your clothes before you go to bed if you workout in the AM.
- Find 5 minutes to meditate and be one with your breathe and present moment. May sound a little woo,woo but it’s very important for your mind, body and soul.
- Keep a food diary and a workout tracker, write down as much as you can. If you don’t like writing take photos!! Sweaty selfies, rainbow salads, you name it, snap it! It will help when you look back and to keep you accountable.
- Take your body measurements. This one I really struggle with myself, but when you start a program and bust your butt for 6/8/12 weeks and you don’t see that scale move? You will see the inches change.
If you found these tips helpful OR downloaded my resolution guide, please drop a comment below. It’s so nice to hear from readers and please ask what you would like to read more about.