Low calorie- Christmas Cocktails!
We all know at Christmas the bubbles come out, the short glasses are dusted off and the recycling boxes are spilling over.
“Another drink anyone?”
Unfortunately, apart from the obvious effects of alcohol, there are many hidden calories. So instead of feeling guilty take a peek and taste at these low- calorie cocktails.
Quick TIP- keep the cocktail recipe simple—a short ingredient list is a trick.
The first cocktail is for everyone in the colder climates this Christmas. This mulled wine from Gimme Some Oven takes just 20 minutes, and when time’s up you’ll have a seasonally spiced drink that keeps you cozy and warm.
- 1 bottled wine
- 1 sliced orange
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup honey or sugar
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients into a non-aluminum saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 15 minutes. Strain and serve warm.
This cocktail is probably one of my favorites as I love bubbles! Plus it’s also a total crowd-pleaser. And thanks to a short ingredient list, it’s easy to prep so you can keep people’s glasses filled all party long.
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 4 ounces champagne, prosecco, or other dry, sparkling white wine
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur
- Pour cranberry juice into a champagne flute and top with sparkling wine. Then top with a floater of orange liqueur.
Finally, there’s no party without a GIN in the mix, full of flavor and low in calories.
- 1/5 ounces grapefruit
- 1/5 ounces gin
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Chop mint leaves finely and combine with sugar. Put in a shallow dish. Moisten rim of glass with grapefruit juice and turn glass over in the dish to coat rim with sugar. Pour grapefruit juice and gin over ice.
Merry Merry Christmas!!