Vegan Grilled Tofu Skewers
There is no need to miss out on the fun anymore, you can now tag along with your friends to that BBQ you couldn’t attend because we have been made to believe that BBQs are only for meat-eaters.
Well, that has changed because vegans have BBQ options now.
I came across these healthy vegan skewers and they are delicious.
If you’re interested in this recipe, here is what you need :
1 block tofu (about 180 grams; we chose Mediteran flavor by I Like Tofu)
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
2 tbs soy sauce
3 ts barbecue sauce
1. Press tofu to extract liquid, for about half an hour. Then, cut tofu into cubes and marinate in soy sauce
2. Prepare veggies: cut bell peppers into squares. Make sure every ingredient is cut to about the same size.
3. Assemble skewers: stick vegetables and tofu alternately on bamboo sticks until you have used up all your vegetables.
4. Grill until sizzling hot, grease with some olive oil and then place skewers in and cook for a couple of minutes on each side, until the vegetables turn softer, but not mushy and the peppers start getting a char. The tofu should be golden brown. Season with salt and pepper right at the end of cooking, then brush with barbecue sauce.
5. Remove from grill and serve hot.
For the original recipe, you can click on this link